Kitchen Extractor Fan Cleaning Course. BESA Approved Grease Hygiene Technician (GHT)- 3 Day Short Course.
Extraction and Ducting Training 3 Day Short Course TR19/BESA Approved
Location: Newcastle- NE11 0HZ
Duration: 3 Days (2 days training, 1 day Assessment)
Cost: £485 + VAT- This includes your Skillcard & Certificate upon Successful completion.
Who should take the course?
The course is designed for people who are supervisors or have previous experience in the Grease Hygiene industry. Knowledge of Grease Hygiene extract systems or work within the building engineering services sector would be advantageous.
Candidates do not have to hold the BESA GHO qualification however it is advisable for beginners or those lacking the experience in the sector.
Delegates will be shown training on the practical & Theory side of the course, assessments on both will be required for successful completion. Final assessment is in the form of a multiple choice question paper, a practical assessment and a professional discussion.
The Practical & Theory sessions include:
- Preparing your work environment.
- Safe working practices including H&S.
- The principles behind a Grease Extraction System and the components that can go with it.
- Cleaning of Grease Extraction Systems as well as methods & equipment.
- Supervising teams and allocating work.
- Pre & post clean verification and testing including “Wet film thickness testing”
Knowledge taught within the course:
- H&S in the workplace including PPE
- Understanding how a kitchen grease extraction system works and its components.
- Prepare the work environment, PPE & equipment selection.
- Selecting a location, preparing and fitting access panels (various cutting methods).
- Using different cleaning methods, the most practical solutions & how to safely carry out a clean.
- Housekeeping after a clean.
- Supervising a team and showing how to lead.
- Understand & put into practice pre & post clean testing and reporting.
- Doing the course does not guarantee a pass, you must successfully complete the multiple choice paper, Practical assessment & Professional discussion to pass.
- Tea & Coffee is provided on the course however lunch is not ( Lots of places locally to get food)
- Local Accommodation details can be provided upon booking.
- Places are limited and must be paid for in full to book the course.
- UKCG are not liable for any travel or accommodation expenses.
- BESA training terms & conditions will also apply. Can be provided by request.
- In the unlikely event a course is cancelled we reserve the right to offer a full refund or an alternative date.
27th – 29th August 2019
23rd – 25th September 2019
14th – 16th October 2019
18th – 20th November 2019
20th – 22nd January 2020
24th – 26th February 2020
23rd – 25th March 2020
27th – 29th April 2020
18th – 20th May 2020
22nd – 24th June 2020
This includes all personal protective equipment , chemicals, cleaning equipment and a full day of training in our purpose built training area.
The Ultimate Package
The extraction and kitchen cleaning ultimate package includes everything as included in the beginners package plus a state of the art steam/vac sv4 cleaner with all accessories and a 1 years warranty 4 bottles of our oven cleaning caustic gel, 4 full days training and a trade discount from our supplies shop of 10% for all future purchases. All of this for only £2,985 plus vat.
All of our courses are held at our training centre which is located in our Gateshead Head Office- NE11 0HZ.
Courses run from 09:30 until 16:00 depending on the level of experience of the trainees.
Local hotels are available the closest of which being the Premier Inn Newcastle Team Valley- NE11 0BE.
If you have any other questions please feel free to contact our office on 0800 032 9533.
Please Note: The booking is non refundable.